Friday, June 26, 2015

Olla's

Why, you are wondering, am I sticking my recycling in holes in my garden?


It's my attempt at keeping some moisture in my garden this year. I watched a few YouTube videos about milk jug ollas and gave it a try. The idea is to poke the bottles full of holes, plant them in your garden and fill them up. The water will slowly seep into the lower layers of the soil. The reverse is also true in that it will catch extra rainfall to let seep out later. (Just be sure to keep the caps to prevent mosquitoes!)


On a side note, these are the three kinds of potatoes I planted.



This is my attempt at showing you the water in the bottom.



This sad picture shows the state of my soil. I couldn't dig any deeper than this! (Hence the potatoes.) Hopefully in a year or two I'll be able to bury them to the top. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment