Monday, June 22, 2015

Glitter Makeup


Just a quick idea for you on this Monday morning. It's incredibly simple, but it involves glitter so you can't go wrong ;)


The dollar store had both super fine glitter and tubes of clear lip gloss and mascara, and I had my recital coming up...


So not rocket science or anything. Just add the two together. I used my smallest measuring spoon and tapped in a bit at a time. I did it over a baking tray to save my sanity at cleanup time.



The results? I would say that the lip gloss was by far the winner. It distributed nicely and came out evenly when worn. The mascara looks great in the tube but my first attempt (with larger glitter) doesn't make it past the part of the tube that wipes most of the mascara off of your brush very well. The second attempt with super fine glitter ended up detaching that same piece. Because ya, dollar store.

I've given all but one of the lip glosses away but may have to make a second batch (with different colours?) to give as kid gifts. They are super cute on little cheeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment