Wednesday, May 27, 2015

ABC's of homeschooling littles

As a homeschooling parent of young children, I'm often second guessing myself, wondering if I am doing enough. It seems like such a daunting task, shaping these little people into well adjusted adults that are fun to be around and are contributors to their families and communities. Am I doing it right? Am I doing enough? Am I pushing them more than I should be? Am I too relaxed with my parenting style? Are my kids happy? The questions are never ending. My husband and I are going to try homeschooling until our last child is old enough for school, after that, we will re evaluate and see if we would like to continue, or if we feel like it isn't a good fit for our family. Since our kids are so young right now, we don't follow a curriculum, nor are we sure we are going to. Our unschooling approach not only raises questions from us, but from other as well. The hardest question to answer is simply, what do you do all day? Today I've decided to answer that with 26 things we may do during the week.

ABC's of Homeschooling Little Ones
A-Airplanes
B-Bike rides
C-Construct
D-Dance
E-Eat
F-Finger paint
G-Garden
H-Hug
I-Investigate
J-Journal
K-Knit
L-Laundry
M-Modelling Clay
N-Nap
O-Observe
P-Puppet theater
Q-Quiet time
R-Read
S-Swim
T-Trampoline
U-Ukulele
V-Vacation
W-Write
X-mail boX
Y-Yoga
Z-Zoo

Some days I feel like all we do is eat and do laundry, but really our days are full of outdoor activities, art and a lot of reading and free play. Hopefully you are now inspired to not be so hard on yourself, even on a bad day, your kids are still learning and growing wonderfully.



No comments:

Post a Comment