Monday, March 23, 2015

Diy Laundry Soap

Sorry that this is a picture-less post, but as excited as I get to see my neat little rows of laundry soap bottles, a beautiful photo opportunity they are not!

I have been making my own laundry soap for years,  since before we were married I think. It is by far my favorite "product" to make myself and the only one I diy consistently. Why? Cost for one. I can make an entire batch (eight regular sized bottles of laundry soap) for about $1.50.  Seriously. It's also quite easy. 15 mins one night to make it, then 5 or so the next day to fill the bottles. (And yes, it works just as well as the store bought kind.) I know exactly what's in it and there are no gross chemical fragrances. (Sorry lovers of that fresh laundry smell, nothing personal, I'm just allergic!) It's also gentle enough for baby clothes and cloth diapers.

Sold on my magical laundry soap and want the formula? Well I'm going to have to be a jerk and not post a link. Thing is, I printed off the recipe I use all of those years ago and the original post hasn't survived that long. I don't really feel comfortable linking you to another recipe that I haven't tried, so I will leave you with my ingredients and let you search out your own, they are everywhere these days. I make a liquid soap using washing soda, borax and a grated bar of soap. There are also powder versions if that's your preference.

Happy washing!

No comments:

Post a Comment