Saturday, May 10, 2014

Vintage Donuts Shirt


 It may not have been on Sophie's list of acceptable patterns (green-black-bunnies-buttons) but there are few things that get her as excited as donuts, so I was pretty confident in this one ;)


This is the pattern I used. It's a dress but I shortened it to shirt length since that's what she needs right now. It's actually a size 4, but Sophie's on the trim side so I didn't add any width. I'm really glad I didn't since it's still too wide on her! 


Those sleeves just make the outfit though, I'm in love with them! The donuts are kind of a crazy print but they made her smile. This outfit was a collaboration with her. She helped me with most of it, in some way or another.


One of the things we decided to do was to purposely install the zipper backwards. She had already chosen her zipper but when we opened up the package the inside was metal and I was afraid it would be scratchy on her skin.


The one issue I had with this pattern was that the inside facing isn't laying flat. I tacked it down so it's a bit better but if anyone know why it happened in the first place I'd be glad to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment