Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Dr. Seuss Nursery

I had alot of time on my hands before I had kids. The pictures in this room were placed according to the height of the furniture we had bought. We hardly used our crib, so gave it away and bought a toddler bed instead. This time around, we just co slept from the beginning. Lately I've found that our bed is too soft, so we brought our double mattress from the guest room upstairs and put it on the floor in this room. We all sleep much better now. I get to start the night with my hubby, then I migrate to DJ's room when he's hungry, and have a good sleep on a firmer mattress, and Elijah doesn't get kicked or woken up during the night. Win Win.

It took me a week to sketch and paint this room. All I did was start with a fresh coat of white paint, find some pictures i liked from various Dr. Seuss books, free handed them on the wall and painted with acrylic paint. After that we just applied a clear coat from Rona. To make things easier, you could find an overhead projector and print the pictures you want onto transparent sheets and trace the outline on the wall. I however, did not have access to an overhead projector, so I chose to free hand it. Can you name the books?

By the light of the moon, by the light of a star, they walked all night form near to far. I  would never walk, i would take a car

You'll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut

Would you like them in a box? Would you like them with a fox?

Unless someone like you, cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it's not.

So be sure when you step. Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a great balancing act.


My daughter loves when i read these books and point out the pictures :) Have a great Tuesday, and read some Seuss today!

1 comment: